Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (2024)

Paul Raz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
248
Orange County, NY
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #76

blwells45 said:

I've had my eye out for them almost as soon as I found out about 'em. I don't think I've seen anyone have a bad experience with them. So, when I saw them and realized what they were, I just about did a Napoleon Dynamite'sque happy dance right there in the middle of Lowes!

Which lowes did you find these at? I've checked with about 10 different ones in Orange County NY area and nothing, nada, zip, zilch etc. only have Green Supremes. Although I I'd find presto log bags yesterday and grabbed 10 bags, but nothing else.

blwells45

New Member
Sep 18, 2012
47
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #77

Paul Raz said:

Which lowes did you find these at? I've checked with about 10 different ones in Orange County NY area and nothing, nada, zip, zilch etc. only have Green Supremes. Although I I'd find presto log bags yesterday and grabbed 10 bags, but nothing else.

I'm north of Albany. This was in Saratoga Springs.

jrsdws

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
430
Central Illinois
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #78

Grrrrr....this all makes me want to go pellet hunting again! Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (4)

jtakeman

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Dec 30, 2008
13,495
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #79

oldmountvernon said:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Maxwell is that you?

Vids of the trucks hauling in the bouty please!

  • Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (6)

Reactions:

Eatonpcat

jtakeman

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Dec 30, 2008
13,495
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #80

oldmountvernon said:

The 4 tons i just bought are heading here friday, im not taking chances leaving them on the rack (since somersets told me no more heading this way)
Will call tonight to get the other 3 del asap

Getting lazy in your old age there fella! Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (8)

MacP

Member
Dec 10, 2011
148
Southeastern MA
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #81

oldmountvernon said:

I just grabbed 4 more ton of somersets ! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i talked to somerset mgr. lowes has no more deliveries scheduled for mass Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (10)

Bummer! Keep us posted if you have any updates of Somersets in SE MA.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Dec 30, 2008
13,495
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #82

oldmountvernon said:

for 65 bucks ill gladly let them stuff it in my garage and ill take it with a pallet jack Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (12)

Pfft, a real pig would have an electric pallet jack. You need more toys not pellets! Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (13)

D

DexterDay

Guest
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #83

jtakeman said:

Pfft, a real pig would have an electric pallet jack. You need more toys not pellets! Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (14)

I think he pulled an OMV today. Not on pellets either?!?

D

DexterDay

Guest
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #84

oldmountvernon said:

oh you didnt hear i got 4 more ton of somersets today? total 7 coming :D

Seriously?!?! Damn....

Did you still get the "other" thing? Have not looked at new threads. Still checking alerts/emails.

(Spoiled Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (15))

oliveone

Burning Hunk

Hearth Supporter

Dec 23, 2010
182
Hudson Valley NY
  • Oct 24, 2012
  • #85

Kingston NY lowes got a truck load in on Monday. Friend got 2 tons, another friend got 4 tons and I got 4 tons. wife said 11.5 tons is enough LOL Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (17)

  • Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (18)

Reactions:

oldmountvernon

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
426
Modena
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #86

oliveone said:

Kingston NY lowes got a truck load in on Monday. Friend got 2 tons, another friend got 4 tons and I got 4 tons. wife said 11.5 tons is enough LOL Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (20)

....hard to resist at 209,... im starting to shake,,,

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
426
Modena
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #87

Guarded by two (2) highly trained and hungry Rottweilers,.. and one half crazed old guy with several guns.Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (22)

Attachments

  • 1024121655a (1).jpg

    208.2 KB· Views: 155

  • Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (24)

Reactions:

schoondog and Brokenwing

Pellet-King

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Nov 30, 2008
1,658
Northern Ct
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #88

Any reports of seeing them in Ct?, weird how they are near the Cape, jumped around us!!

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
2,070
Eaton Township, Ohio
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #89

Lovin' the Mustang OMV...Better add that one to the stable!

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
426
Modena
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #90

Pellet-King said:

Any reports of seeing them in Ct?, weird how they are near the Cape, jumped around us!!

Heard of some Somersets at Lowes in NW CT,. check here https://www.hearth.com/talk/forums/wood-pellet-pricing-reports.29/

jtakeman

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Dec 30, 2008
13,495
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #91

Shaw520 said:

Heard of some Somersets at Lowes in NW CT,. check here https://www.hearth.com/talk/forums/wood-pellet-pricing-reports.29/

Where?-Where? You got my attention!

I can't find it, What page did you see it on? Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (29)

Augmister

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Jun 16, 2008
502
Socialist Republic of RI
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #92

JBiBBs5 said:

Always store inside!

Old wives' tales. I stored two tons of Barefoot on two pallets, outdoors for almost two years and had 0 issue. I kept the original pallet plastic cover on and over-wrapped them each with a tarp and tied off with straps.

Augmister

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Jun 16, 2008
502
Socialist Republic of RI
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #93

Pellet-King said:

Hope some of the 'set's make there way cross the Ct border, havent seen them here since 2010, still have a ton for the coldest days, last year i was burning them and said to myself....whoa!, why am i wasting these, got some GT rest of winter

Yeah, I got two tons of Somersets left over from 2010 when I snatched them in Eastern CT. Burned the Green Team and Fireside Ultra last year to save the good stuff, and saved another ton of Barefoots from 2009. Putting dates with pellets reminds me of picking out wines! Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (32)

Paul Raz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
248
Orange County, NY
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #94

So this is my first year using a pellet stove and after much research and forum reading I have realized that of all the Pellets available to me the overwhelming favorite are the Somersets. I also know that i should buy a few bags of each before buying in bulk(shame on me), BUT With that being said I have found Somersets after MUCH.....and I mean MUCH searching and decided to get 2 Tons. With shipping = $488. So if they suk I have seen several posts where people are offering to take them and even pick them up(I will keep that in mind). But at $488 for 2 tons it sure beats filling up my 1000 gallon oil tank 3-4 times a year so I'll take my chances. I may be a pig just yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll just consider myself a piglet for nowSomersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (34)

  • Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (35)

Reactions:

blwells45 and jtakeman

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
426
Modena
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #95

jtakeman said:

Where?-Where? You got my attention!

I can't find it, What page did you see it on? Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (37)

Geez,.. now I cant find the thread JT, thought there was a guy on here from Stockbridge area who was getting Sets from Lowes,... Im sure youve looked plenty!!... sorry.

blwells45

New Member
Sep 18, 2012
47
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #96

Paul Raz said:

So this is my first year using a pellet stove and after much research and forum reading I have realized that of all the Pellets available to me the overwhelming favorite are the Somersets. I also know that i should buy a few bags of each before buying in bulk(shame on me), BUT With that being said I have found Somersets after MUCH.....and I mean MUCH searching and decided to get 2 Tons. With shipping = $488. So if they suk I have seen several posts where people are offering to take them and even pick them up(I will keep that in mind). But at $488 for 2 tons it sure beats filling up my 1000 gallon oil tank 3-4 times a year so I'll take my chances. I may be a pig just yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll just consider myself a piglet for nowSomersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (39)

Paul, I did the same thing. I was trying to do my due diligence, and try different pellets. But, everyone seems to love the Somersets, so when I saw them, I jumped at the chance to buy three tons. I'll probably still buy a few bags of this and a few bags of that to try as I go along in case I am unable to find Somersets again.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire

Hearth Supporter

Dec 30, 2008
13,495
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #97

blwells45 said:

I'll probably still buy a few bags of this and a few bags of that to try as I go along in case I am unable to find Somersets again.

Sounds like a good plan. Better to know whats out there a head of the buying season. Its a good pratice IMHO. Keep us posted on the those Somersets!

blwells45

New Member
Sep 18, 2012
47
  • Oct 25, 2012
  • #98

jtakeman said:

Keep us posted on the those Somersets!

Will do. First bag in the hopper (or hoppah depending on where you are in NE)! Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (42)

  • Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (43)

Reactions:

jtakeman

Paul Raz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
248
Orange County, NY
  • Oct 27, 2012
  • #99

Well. They are finally here. Just finished moving them into my garage. Didn't look like that much until I started moving em.

  • Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (46)

Reactions:

The Ds and DexterDay

Paul Raz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2012
248
Orange County, NY
  • Oct 27, 2012
  • #100

Here are the other ones

  • Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (49)

Reactions:

schoondog
Somersets in 'da house...pig stash ready for winter. (2024)

References

Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Velia Krajcik

Last Updated:

Views: 6453

Rating: 4.3 / 5 (54 voted)

Reviews: 85% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Velia Krajcik

Birthday: 1996-07-27

Address: 520 Balistreri Mount, South Armand, OR 60528

Phone: +466880739437

Job: Future Retail Associate

Hobby: Polo, Scouting, Worldbuilding, Cosplaying, Photography, Rowing, Nordic skating

Introduction: My name is Velia Krajcik, I am a handsome, clean, lucky, gleaming, magnificent, proud, glorious person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.